* Certified in Biofeedback by BCIA since 1985, treating stress related medical disorders, pain management, anxiety disorders and Attention Deficit Disorder
* Licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist since 1991
* Has written several research papers and taught stress management training to private business employees and to school age children in the classroom.
* Is oriented to a bio-psycho-social systems perspective both in counseling individuals and families and in treating psychophysiological disorders.
* Involved in the health community of Santa Clarita Valley since 1985.
Certifications include Biofeedback and EEG Biofeedback by the Biofeedback Certification Institute of America (www.bcia.org) and pain management by the American Academy of Pain Management (www.aapainmanage.org). He has had additional training in EMDR and Brief Solution Focused Therapy and is a member of the International Society of Neurofeedback and Research (isnr.org). He is a 1987 graduate of Phillips Family Institute (formerly known as California Family Study Center.)
He served as president of the Santa Clarita Valley Council for Health from 1986 to 1994, served on the Health Education Commitee of the Henry Newhall Memorial Hospital’s Foundation, and served as an adviser on Health Care Reform and Mental Health Care Reform to Congressman Howard “Buck” McKeon. Steve served as President to the Biofeedback Society of California from 1998-1999, and appeared in the 2000 BBC documentary Natural Mysteries on a segment of biofeedback therapies. Mr. Kassel has extensively lectured on “Biofeedback in Schools; K-12” and is currently researching Interpersonal Biofeedback with multi-channel biofeedback and audio/video playback of husband and wife.